Syllogism Questions asked in SBI Bank PO- Set 2 -Solved


Solving Syllogism Toughest Question ever asked. Questions from High Level Reasoning of SBI Exams.

Solved Syllogism problems of SBI Exam 2014.

Note: Shortcut tricks may not apply in these questions as mentioned by bank study websites and Coaching centres. Only use the correct method to solve.

Directions : In each question below are given three state-ments followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the information given in the statements.



1Statements :
All drums are banjos.
Some drums are guitars.
No banjo is a flute.
Conclusions:
I. Some guitars are flutes.
II. No guitar is flute.
(1) Only Conclusion I follows
(2) Only Conclusion II follows
(3) There is possibility that some flutes are banjos.
(4) Either , Conclusion I or Conclusion II follows
(5) Both Conclusions I and II follow

Ans : (4) Either, Conclusion I or Conclusion II follows

Solution:

Solution:

Drawing the possible venn diagrams for this question.
Both of the conclusion have different answers in 2 diagrams. 

2.  Statements :
No star is a cone.
Some cones are triangles.
All kites are stars.
Conclusions:
I.  All stars are kites.
II.  At least some triangles are stars.
(1)  Only Conclusion I follows
(2)  Only Conclusion II follows
(3)  Either Conclusion I or Conclusion II follows.
(4)  There is possibility that some stars are triangles.
(5)  Neither Conclusion I nor Conclusion II follows.

Ans : (4) There is possibility that some stars are triangles.


Solution:
In both the cases , Conclusion I is wrong.
But there is chance of Conclusion II to be true. But not always true.

3.   Statements :
Some pins are needles.
All needles are swords.
Some swords are knives.
Conclusions :
I. All swords being pins is a possibility.
II. No needle being knife is a possibility.
(1) Only Conclusion I follows
(2) Only Conclusion II follows
(3) Either Conclusion I or Conclusion II follows
(4) Neither Conclusion I nor Conclusion II follows
(5) There is possibility that some pins are knives.


Ans : (5)  There is possibility that some pins are knives.

Solution:

Solution:

It is a hard type question.
Here 4 venn diagrams are used to explain different possibilities.
Easy methods or syllogism equation tricks leads to wrong answer in this type of questions.



From above diagrams we have seen there are cases of conclusions being both right and both wrong.
Any of the first 4 options is not completly correct.
We have to choose the best suited option in the case.
Only Option (5) follows.

4.  Statements :
Some schemes are offers.
Some offers are discounts.
No discount is a loan.
Conclusions:
I, Those offers which are discounts can never be loans.
II. Some loans are definitely schemes.
(1) Only Conclusion I follows
(2) There is possibility that all schemes are loans
(3) Only Conclusion II follows
(4) Either Conclusion I or Conclusion II follows
(5) Neither Conclusion  I  nor Conclusion II follows

Ans : (1)  Only Conclusion I follows

Solution:














Statement 3 justifies Conclusion I. (No discount is a loan)
But Conclusion II is not always true. So it it not correct as the word " definitely" is used.
From the answer list Option 1 is definitely true. But Option 2 is also a chance.
For selecting the most suited answer, we can neglect the Option 2 as it is only a possibilty which is not mentioned in the Statement.
So only Option (1) correct.

5.  Statements :
No car is hotel.
All lodges are hotels.
No lodge is house.
Conclusions:
I. Some houses are not lodges.
II. No lodge is car.
(1) There is possibility that all houses are cars.
(2) Only Conclusion I follows
(3) Only Conclusion II follows
(4) Neither Conclusion I nor Conclusion II follows
(5) Both Conclusion I and Conclusion II follow

Ans : (5)  Both Conclusion I and Conclusion II follow

Solution:


Conclusion I is justified by Statement 3.
Concluison II is justified by Statements 1 and 2.

Option (1) is confusing. But we can neglect it as not justified by the statement where already justified option exist. It will be as below.







Share :
+
Next
« Prev
Prev
Next »
0 Comments

GK Cards

 
Copyright © 2018 PSC GKLokam - All Rights Reserved
Back To Top